Seiklejate Vennaskond launches a call for volunteers to raise awareness of climate change and promote sustainable development. For this we are searching for young volunteers (15-30) from Estonia to take part in the campaign.
We would like to do together with volunteers:
- Group works and discussions to debate on the topic “What can we do to support sustainable development?”
- Movie nights about the effects of climate change in the world – even trough the effects in Estonia are not as obvious as in some other parts of world – the long-term situation will affect us all.
- Promote consciousness consumption, in the meaning to be aware of what we consume and not waste resources (water, food, energy etc).
- Events directed for nature protection/animal welfare – to raise awareness of young people about current dangers to environment and together give our effort to change the situation for better.
- Add to the blog ideas gathered how an ordinary person can make a difference by changing everyday behaviour.
- Promote volunteering especially among young people and share the information about volunteering opportunities around the world.
- Articles in the media on the topic.
- All other ideas proposed by our future volunteers.
What we offer for our volunteers:
- Four most active volunteers will have a chance to participate in the conference on the same topic in Beijing, China (September 2012) were the results will be introduced (similar campaigns will also happen in Portugal, China and India). Accommodation, food and local expenses will be covered 100 % and visa costs up to 30 € and insurance up to 25 €. From travel costs 50 % of expenses will be covered.
- Chance to go volunteer abroad through European voluntary service (EVS) – as Seiklejate Vennaskond is sending organization for EVS, we will prepare projects with our partners in various countries (especially in Asia) so committed volunteers have a chance to deal with environmental topics also abroad, in the places volunteers are really needed.
- Opportunity to participate in different activities organized by Seiklejate Vennaskond, for example take part in youth exchanges.
- Receive support, advice and guidance form Seiklejate Vennaskond. We can help you to put your ideas into practice.
Want to become volunteer? What’s next?
- Send e-mail to Seiklejate.email@example.com to let us know what you want to take part. Also mention which kind of topics would you like to take up (see for example the list above) and how much time could you spend dealing with this.
- Spread the message to your friends and everyone, who would like to join in. We are also looking potential organizations who would like to be partners.
- We will get back to you and let you know of the plans – first we would like to meet up with all the interested volunteers (hopefully in 2-3 places in Estonia) and develop the future plans.